Contact Info / Websites
Right, so just published a pretty big post-jam update for Roboduck Football. I felt that it needed to be wrapped up and wanted to try out some other rules/powerups.
* Improved AI: Although still thick as cottage cheese, at least now the AI is able to think a few commands ahead, will prioritise certain commands and desires, and will try a bit harder to score goals. Sometimes the opponent might even try to sabotage your own moves.
* New Command: Kick. Kick is now a normal movement command rather than a random powerup. Hopefully this will give you a bit more control over what's happening and make the game less luck-based.
* New Command: Stop. Makes a robot stop on that tile. It will start moving in the next turn. Good for defense.
* New Powerup: Goal shield. This powerup will close your goal for three rounds. Very good for defense.
* New Powerup: Command Bonus. Gives you one more command to place each turn (max 5). Resets when someone scores a goal.
* Graphics: Added splash screen, transitions, tidied up main menu screen. Reticule showing when you are over an illegal tile.
* Audio controls added to main menu.
* Various bug fixes.
I've received lots of e-mails and comments about the theme song for my new game (seems my songs are the most popular part of my games...), so just like i did with Super Briefcase some weeks ago, here it is:
Thanks for all the support and comments. I solved some nasty bugs thanks to NG users.
It would be really cheesy if I ended this post with "ROCK ON!", so
I've received a lot of comments and emails about the music for Super Briefcase, so on popular demand I've uploaded the theme song, for free download. Enjoy!
Also, thanks to all people who have been reviewing the game. A lot of great input and ideas! I'm pretty new here and I gotta say this community is awesome.
Now: A cold beer and back to working on my next game, scheduled to be released in a few weeks. The project is a lot bigger than Super Briefcase, but those of you who enjoyed the retro look of SB will probably like this one too.